Responsible for driving client engagement, delivering valued outcomes across multiple client programme, ensuring that the team delivers the required results. A thought leader, driving excellence through the team to ensure Business Unit growth targets are met. Ensuring high standards are met across the BD team so that they are able to deliver the very highest quality sales pipeline and act as a trusted advisors to their clients’ sales strategy. Focusing the team to creates additional value by building the team’s expertise in professional selling and growth acceleration strategies. Supporting the HBU on growing strategic client relationships at an Exec level.
The key features of a Programme Manager (L2) role will be as follows;
ANALYSIS & INNOVATION
- Possesses a deep understanding of the client’s market, including opportunities for growth as well as threats/risks.
- Develops a holistic view of the clients go-to-market strategy to pro-actively identify the biggest risks to the sales strategy and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Drives change through challenging existing thinking, relishing the challenge and is recognised by the client as providing unique and creative solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to evolve the BD programme and drive new opportunities to support the client business outcomes.
SELLING & NETWORKING
- Consistently demonstrates an ability to influence at C-Level/Executive Level buyers in prospect accounts by building highly tailored sales strategies, specific to that sector/account.
- Creates urgency by developing compelling economic/financial reasons for them to act fast to help Clarify’s client optimise win rates.
- Works with the client to identify opportunities to improve their sales process, develops a clear understanding of sales best practice for each stage of the sales and buyer journey.
- Implements strategies that increase the client’s ability to influence prospects to buy, examples include improving the quality of the Business Cases, evolving messaging and sales focus towards economic outcomes.
- A driven networker, who builds relationships across all levels within the customer, including Executives and coaches and mentors BD team to increase their own networks and improve communication skills
- Coaches and mentors BD team to connect with their clients on a personal level and on the best methods of communication to achieve results.
- Has a strong personal brand, is an ambassador for Clarify, role modelling confidence, commitment, integrity and expertise.
- Responsible for successful onboarding new clients, to ensure client health KPI’s are understood and measured throughout the programme.
- Develops a deep understanding of the client’s sales process and pro-actively recommends ways for the client to adapt it in order to increase win rate or accelerate opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrates a desire to further improve the Client KPI’s, investigating and implementing ways to make the BD process deliver a better ROI.
- Acts as a go-to person / advisor for the Account Managers when they are looking for input on how to win an opportunity.
- Makes recommendations on ways to improve the quality of the opportunities generated and adapts the Client Health KPI’s accordingly.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the clients business operating model, how their P&L works and the impact of strategies and commercial decisions upon this
- Possesses a deep understanding of Clarify’s business operating model, the P&L and profitability of their programme and the opportunities/risks to this.
- Ensures the BD team adopts best practice process and systems, through coaching and measurement.
- Ensures there is a contingency plan which clearly identifies risk to achievement of the client programme goals.
- Ensures the BD team are planning effectively and driving action to achieve programme results.
- Creates stretch goals for the programme, and runs projects outside of delivering opportunities, that increase the overall ROI and the impact that the client receives from the programme.
- Regularly “wows the customer” by taking on some of their most difficult to solve issues, and developing solutions to those problems that create outstanding results.
- Receives recognition from the client of the contribution to their growth and sales transformation strategy.
- Grows the Professional Services sales capability of the BD team to ensure they are able to bring insight to the customer and drive their client sales transformation objectives.
- Ensures the team has all the tools, knowledge and skills to execute effectively. Is constantly looking to drive enhancement of individual capabilities.
- Creates an engaged, energised and motivated environment where individuals feel able to perform at their best – celebrating and rewarding good performance and dealing with poor performance promptly.
- Creates a sense of direction and purpose for the team – acting as an Ambassador of the Clarify values.
- Ensures team & organisation structure is aligned to achieve business vision and client sales transformation outcomes.
- Builds strategies to encourage open team interaction between different business units. Encourages shared team concepts.
- Ensures team has clear goals and objectives and measurable performance standards.
- Gives teams a clear sense of direction and purpose – ensures customer interest and growth are at the heart of the team.
- Pro-actively takes personal responsibility for helping others develop. Acts as coach/mentor to the wider team delegating challenging activities/opportunities to help their development and ensure succession planning.
- Liaises with Talent team to ensure team vision and client growth opportunities are managed effectively.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Customer programme opportunity & pipeline target
- Business Unit Pipeline target
- Growth margin – within agreed budget
The ideal candidate will have strong, proven experience of account management within a complex B2B environment. Ideally within an enterprise Technology environment. Proven team management experience.
- Strategic thinker – ability to deal with complex solutions
- Values building relationships
- Naturally curious & adaptable
- Fast-paced, enthusiastic approach
- Target driven, self-motivated
- Analytical, thought leader
- Relationship builder
- Confident, articulate & credible
- Customer & results focused
- Disciplined & organised
- Strong people management skills
We are specialists in business development for the enterprise technology industry. We are the only sales agency to work with clients to understand their business objectives, develop early stage customer acquisition and deliver a high quality pipeline. Our team of skilled and respected business development consultants focuses on developing both latent and explicit opportunities, to consistently demonstrate quality and customer value and deliver results.
Clarify recognise the need to invest in our greatest asset, our people. We see huge potential in the role that we can play in shaping the future of selling by helping more sales people master superior skills earlier in their career. Within Clarify we work as a team, supporting and encouraging development and initiative. Working in a positive and energetic environment a Programme Manager will work closely with his/her colleagues to continuously build knowledge, skills and achieve results.